Do you find your self repeating commands? Does you dog ignore you and only come when he feels like it?
Here are a few tips to help improve communication with your dog and improve his listening skills!
1. Never give a command that you think your dog will ignore
2. Only give a command that you can ensure your dog will do or you can persuade your dog to obey
3. Never repeat a command that your dog ignores, either wait till he obeys or gently guide him to obey in the nicest way possible
4. Timing is everything! Reward/praise a dog within 2 seconds of a desired behaviour with one clear word and same goes for when he does something wrong use one word like no pr ‘ah ah’ within 2 seconds of a bad behaviour, any longer then this and the dog will miss the point!
5. Here is a very important one : never call your dog or his name to punish/scold him or he will learn to avoid you
ALWAYS call him to reward and praise him!